The most attractive part of Panasonic Lumix GH-3 is that it is tough enough to withstand the extreme conditions of heavy field use with top-of-the-line mirrorless single lens system. I shot recordings with GH-3 in AVCHD 24P at 24Mbps. I want to eventually take AVCHD recordings and do a DCP Drive at a digital post house for theatrical release. So I really hung up on quality. My laptop has power even it is not a dedicated monster editing machine and I usually use Media Composer. I would really prefer to encode AVCHD to AVID DNxHD HD codec, which delivers both efficiency and quality without compromises.

Conversion is easy, with the right tool and then there no problems editing AVCHD footage. I use Aunsoft Video Converter for Mac. This excellent AVCHD to Avid Media composer converter makes me successfully import/encode Lumix GH-3 AVCHD to Media composer with high quality. Here I would like to share my experience on encoding GH-3 AVCHD to Avid Media Composer. Maybe this article is an option or a solution of AVCHD to Media composer, which can help you.

Step1: Import or drag & drop Panasonic Lumix GH-3 AVCHD

The icon on the interface of this Lumix GH-3 AVCHD to Media Composer Converteris clear. Staying cursor on the icon, brief explanatory note will turn up to help you know the function.
Click "add video" or "add folder" to load 1080P AVCHD progressive. But I found I can drag & drop directly. In avoid of no audio in source AVCHD, I suggest preview before AVCHD to AVID DNxHD conversion

Step 2: Select Avid DNxHD as output format

I text Avid in the search bar and quickly pick Avid Media native Avid DNxHD MOV.
I like the design of output format menu with this AVCHD to Avid Media Composer on Mac, which let me take less than 30 seconds to select format in this step.

Step 3: Set audio and video profile

I set video bitrates as high quality. But I get confused for a range of video frame rate, including 23.976, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94 and 60. I connected Aunsoft support email very soon, I got a good suggestion. I kept the frame rate as 24fps, a default value to guarantee high video quality.

Profile list made me easily compare the properties of source AVCHD progressive and target file when adjusting profiles.

Step 4: Transcode AVCHD footage to AVID DNxHD

Click "Conversion" icon to encode Panasonic Lumix GH-3 AVCHD to Avid Media composer.
With just a click on "Open output folder", I immediately locate the export file. Besides, I found I can leave while keeping the Video Converter for Mac run conversion via a click on "shut down computer after conversion" to do auto power-off.

Now everything is done. I got Avid DNxHD file with no size compression or enlargement but maintain the high quality. Itís a smart choice to use Aunsoft Video Converter for Mac, easily and quickly. Hope it also helpful for you.