+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What are your thoughts?

Full Member Reaction is on a distinguished road

What are your thoughts?

Over the past 9 months myself and 2 other people have been working on a Coldfusion Content Management System to give to my clients. Currently the CMS has the following modules:

Site Control:
    -Object Manager
    -Page Manager
    -Site Properties
    -User Manager

Modules:
    -Ad Mangager
    -Auction System
    -Broadcast Email
    -Club Site Manager
    -Ecommerce System
    -FAQ Manager
    -Forum Manager
    -Meta Tag Manager
    -Multi Site Manager
    -News Manager
    -Reporting Modules
    -Search Module
    -Sitemap Module
    -Survey/Quiz Builder
    -Advertisers Module
    -Banner Manager
    -Contacts Manager
    -Competition Module
    -Events Manager
    -Form Builder
    -Links Manager
    -Multi-Language Support
    -Poll Module
    -Site Stats Module

I am preparing to launch a demo of this in a few weeks. I was just wondering what peoples thoughts are on this CMS? Does it have anything missing? And anybody willing to take part in the beta testing? And what is the average price somebody would be paying for something like this?

Thanks
    Reaction Designs
    Quick, Easy and Affordable Design

Moderator airnine is on a distinguished road
    Hi

It is very interesting to see all those modules you made.

Depending on the quality and flexibility of your scripts you could get from $50 to $150 for the least complicated modules up to $500 to $4000 for the most complicated modules like Ecommerce System (but we are talking the best quality, flexibility and features packed product here).

If you are about to sell the complete modules all together, I don't think you will be able to get far from the top price of a most expensive single module. People usually don't need all those things, so it's the best policy to have the modules sold separately. (I have a degree in economics so I know what I'm saying)

If you need someone for testing, I volunteer, but have to caution you, I have similar systems under development as well

Good luck with your business,

Airnine
    -------------------------------
    Airnine is a developer @
    www.promomedium.com

Thanks airnine for the tips, i will definately be selling each module seperately, ill just base module prices based on the time we spent on each one. My only worry is finding coldfusion customers, we were thinking of hiring a team of people to convert this into php, but we still havent came up with a decision. Any more thoughts on this are appreciated.

Thanks again.

Moderator airnine is on a distinguished road
    it's unwise to base the price only on the time spent to write it

it's not just the time spent that contributes to the price, among other things, important are novelty, creativity, usability, functionality, features you offer, flexibility

there are many things you have to consider

perhaps you have spent only two hours to make a script, but it's the first script of it's kind, you will sell it expensive or relatively speaking, more expensive than if you were to sell just another client management script, I hope you catch my drift

I think I have said enough now

nevertheless, I know you are a youngster, just trying to a make a break, you should get some free advice, even if I charge $50+ for this kind of consulting

If you happen to have more questions, email me, please

Airnine

P.S. as far as your idea on conversion to php mysql is concerned, I ought to tell you, you should stick to the coldfusion, because CF costs money, $1500+, people that use CF have more many than folks that use php and mysql; so, regarding the supply in both technologies, you will be definitely better off sticking to the CF
    Airnine is a developer @
    www.promomedium.com

thanks airnine for your comments/suggestion, i will definately contact you if i have more questions.

And as for the php/mysql thing goes we've decided not to go in that direction. PHP/MySQL is a massive community with lots of scripts already made for it. Unless we make our CMS open-source not many people will be interested. CF will be our choice until we see what happens in the future.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information