+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MS sues teen... Wow...

Active Member WorldBuilder is on a distinguished road

MS sues teen... Wow...

This just goes to show M$ has no limits. Utterly ridiculous!

http://www.nbc5i.com/technology/2774862/detail.html

Chris
    My Site | My Blog
    "The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results"
    --Albert Einstein

Full Member Peter is on a distinguished road
    M$ really are pushing it now. Sueing a 17 year old for a having a domain name that sounds like M$? I hope he gets the $10,000 he wants for the site but it'll never happen. M$ should just drop it and stop trying to crush small businesses.

Personally I'd of accepted the $10

Web Junky Matt is on a distinguished road
    Hmm, Interesting, although I'm still not sure, what takes precedence? A person's name or a trademark..

Microsoft has offered the teen $10 to pay for the site; however, Rowe has asked for $10,000.
    LOL!
    WebmasterLingo.com Team
    Forum Rules

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new" - Albert Einstein

Moderator airnine is on a distinguished road
    M$ seems to be way out of line with much of what they do, but we live in a world of big corporations, so they can basically do whatever they want

Airnine
    -------------------------------
    Airnine is a developer @
    www.promomedium.com

Moderator airnine is on a distinguished road
    Originally posted by Matt
    Hmm, Interesting, although I'm still not sure, what takes precedence? A person's name or a trademark..

LOL!
    I would say person's name is definitely primal, after all

17 years ago M$ was still a small and not all that important company, 17 years ago when that kid was given a name

and dudes at M$ are being complete a**-es with this one, it is really shameful of them to even think of doing something like it, it's rackless

Airnine
    Airnine is a developer @
    www.promomedium.com

M$ better do something to start saving face because with alternatives becoming more and more plentiful and viable, M$ is going to be in some serious trouble very soon. This kind of thing does NOT help them!

Chris
    My Site | My Blog
    "The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results"
    --Albert Einstein

Full Member Fred2D is on a distinguished road

Re: MS sues teen... Wow...

Originally posted by WorldBuilder
    This just goes to show M$ has no limits. Utterly ridiculous!

http://www.nbc5i.com/technology/2774862/detail.html

Chris
    That's just so low...
    THANKS, FRED Freelancing Web-Designer
    F2D TEMPORARY PORTFOLIODCN DESIGNCONTESTS
    LLD THE LLD NETWORKSPF SITEPOINT FORUMS
    Logos | Templates | Avatars | Signatures | Misc.

Originally posted by WorldBuilder
    M$ better do something to start saving face because with alternatives becoming more and more plentiful and viable, M$ is going to be in some serious trouble very soon. This kind of thing does NOT help them!

Chris
    I still see no alternatives for Windows yet, I don't know what the real percentage is but I suppose around 90% of the desktops run Windows still. Most of the new computers that you would go out and buy today, come pre-installed with the Windows software.

It's quite an ingenious idea that will live on for quiet awhile (Just my opinion).
    WebmasterLingo.com Team
    Forum Rules

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new" - Albert Einstein

Full Member Interactive is on a distinguished road
    You got to admit though that the kid kind of knew it was coming when he registered the domain. I don't see why MSFT doesn't just pay the amount for the domain if they want it so bad.

Full Member mttatkns is on a distinguished road
    Originally posted by Matt
    I still see no alternatives for Windows yet, I don't know what the real percentage is but I suppose around 90% of the desktops run Windows still. Most of the new computers that you would go out and buy today, come pre-installed with the Windows software.

It's quiet an ingenious idea that will live on for quiet awhile (Just my opinion).
    What is such an ingenious idea?

Originally posted by mttatkns
    What is such an ingenious idea?
    It is the ultimate operating interface used today, I'm obviously not the only one thinking the same.
    I don't want to bring up the whole Windows vs *nix discussion but we all know Windows has its ups and downs.

Even if you hate Microsoft, you have to admit, Windows sure is a pretty useful piece of software. I think everyone starts with Windows, some realize later on that there are further options available such as *nix.

My point can definitely be argued but its just my opinion.
    WebmasterLingo.com Team
    Forum Rules

Matt, you're absolutely right, I think. M$ certainly has it's place, and I hope they are around for a long time to come. The competition they create with open source will keep quality products coming out, and that simply helps everyone!

Chris
    My Site | My Blog
    --Albert Einstein

Interesting..
    :: Microsoft Updates :: January 20/2004 :: CNN Live
    Today at about 9AM PST I was on CNN Live. I never thought it would get this big in my wildest dreams. Thank you for all of the support the last few days.

I will be talking to Microsoft today to discuss clearing this situation up. Please stay tuned to what happens. There has been an article on CNET and ZDNet news regarding Microsoft and how they say that they took me too seriously. All along I have just wanted to prove a point that the small guy can win against the giant corporations. Hopefully people will stick up to what they think is right even if someone bigger than you is behind it.
    from http://mikerowesoft.com
    WebmasterLingo.com Team
    Forum Rules

http://www.canada.com/national/natio...b-1ab4d8a11bd9

Just to keep everyone updated, seems that a mutual agreement has been reached.
    WebmasterLingo.com Team
    Forum Rules

Good for him, although I would probably have held out for a few thousand dollars worth of M$ licensed development products, OS'es, etc... After all, what could cost him $2,000 only costs M$ $2, you know?

M$ did do the right thing, though, settling with Mike. Saves them face. Everyone is happy!

Chris
    My Site | My Blog
    --Albert Einstein

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information