Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GoDaddy?

Full Member MaTriX is on a distinguished road

Arrow GoDaddy?

Does anyone Preffers them?

Web Junky Matt is on a distinguished road
    WebmasterLingo.com Team
    Forum Rules

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new" - Albert Einstein

Full Member MaTriX is on a distinguished road
    Originally posted by Matt
    Apparently, quite a few do
    http://webmasterlingo.com/showthread.php?threadid=88
    WoW

75% Like's GoDaddy

I preffer Enom

Full Member Syn is on a distinguished road
    I use GoDaddy, and I am very happy with them.
    Last edited by Syn; January 22nd, 2004 at 08:54 PM.
    Personal
    -- Avalonstar: The Moon of Syn

Professional
    Avalonstar-Intivex, [Coming Soon] | Starvex

Same here, very nice pricing and service.

Moderator airnine is on a distinguished road
    Tell me something guys. First you register your domain with godaddy.com for $8, but you don't host with them, so you have to transfer your domain to some host and chances are you'll be paying for that transfer, too. How much do you pay in the end?

If it's a free transfer then it's no problem, but if you have to pay it, you might arrive to the same amount as you would pay in the beginning, if you registered with the hosting company of your choice or even more.

I don't own a hosting company, so I have to consider all the options.

Airnine
    -------------------------------
    Airnine is a developer @
    www.promomedium.com

Full Member RedefinedMedia is on a distinguished road
    domains have little to nothing to do with hosting and frankly i prefer owning and managing my domains seperately from hosting

Full Member Interactive is on a distinguished road
    Originally posted by airnine
    Tell me something guys. First you register your domain with godaddy.com for $8, but you don't host with them, so you have to transfer your domain to some host and chances are you'll be paying for that transfer, too. How much do you pay in the end?

If it's a free transfer then it's no problem, but if you have to pay it, you might arrive to the same amount as you would pay in the beginning, if you registered with the hosting company of your choice or even more.

I don't own a hosting company, so I have to consider all the options.

Airnine
    What hosting companies require someone to transfer their domain to them? You just have to point the domain at their nameservers, not like that costs anything.
    -Robert Norton
    http://www.HostComb.com - Find The Hosting Provider That Meets Your Needs

Moderator airnine is on a distinguished road
    Originally posted by Interactive
    You just have to point the domain at their nameservers, not like that costs anything.
    That's true for some, but not for all. I've encountered some that want your domains transferred to them. I guess it's because they give somewhat more generous accounts and want to make money nonetheless. Still, if you are good at what you do and know the right people, than you can really do a lot with a small amount of money.

For one thing, consider bigger sites being more exposed to possible attacks and credit card issues. Heaven knows there have been a lot of those in the past. So personally, I'm not really hooked on $7.99.

Good luck

Airnine
    Airnine is a developer @
    www.promomedium.com

Full Member Interactive is on a distinguished road
    Originally posted by airnine
    That's true for some, but not for all. I've encountered some that want your domains transferred to them. I guess it's because they give somewhat more generous accounts and want to make money nonetheless. Still, if you are good at what you do and know the right people, than you can really do a lot with a small amount of money.

For one thing, consider bigger sites being more exposed to possible attacks and credit card issues. Heaven knows there have been a lot of those in the past. So personally, I'm not really hooked on $7.99.

Good luck

Airnine
    I advise you to stay away from any host that requires you to transfer the domain into their hands. Thank God I'm colocating.
    -Robert Norton
    http://www.HostComb.com - Find The Hosting Provider That Meets Your Needs

Newbie Whisper is on a distinguished road
    I too agree with Robert, stay away from any host requiring you to transfer your domain to them, it's better to register it yourself and point it to your host's nameservers.

I've had a very bad experience in the past with one of those hosts, and they are still keeping my domain
    Last edited by Whisper; February 7th, 2004 at 02:45 PM.

Full Member Matrix28 is on a distinguished road
    Yeah, they are good for domains, but their is a few problems with their hosting and SEs!

Full Member Marshall is on a distinguished road
    Yes I had an experiance with one of those transfer domain hosts too, they keep your domain and wont let u have it if you decide to stop hosting with them. Its always best to own your domain because web hosts can be changed, but if you dont own your domain then you have to get a new name and all your old visitors still go to the old domain name and not the new one unless you tell them.

Also Id recommend GoDaddy 100%, I have had no problems using them and they have alot of features that some other domain providers dont have and they are alot cheaper than most too

Full Member tomcromp is on a distinguished road
    yes i love them do every thing i could need

I have heard some bad stuff about them on various forums. However I have yet for them to do anything to me like what they explain.

So I have stuck with them. I too prefer them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information