+ Reply to Thread

Thread: downloaded php/mysql poll. Seems to work, but isn't. No errors, though

Active Member WorldBuilder is on a distinguished road

downloaded php/mysql poll. Seems to work, but isn't. No errors, though

Hi guys, I have another one. I downloaded a php/mysql script for an online poll. I have follwed the instructions, done everything right (I think) and this is not working. It looks fairly complex and since i'm still in the learning stages, I'm stuck. I got the script from here.

I attached the files necessary to this post. My use of the script can be found here. As you can see, all there is is the "See how you did" button. In phpmyadmin, I created a database named "quiz", a table in that database also named "quiz", and the necessary 7 fields: id, question, opt1, 2, 3, answer, and q. I also created a user: "quiz"

When I try to add questions through the "editquiz.php" file in a browser, it seems to work, but no questions show up.

I don't even know where to begin debugging. Is it a mysql or php problem? I've been working on it all day, have made a little progress here and there, but am stumped. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks!

Chris
    Attached Files Attached Files
    My Site | My Blog
    "The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results"
    --Albert Einstein

Full Member maverik60 is on a distinguished road
    quiz@yourhost.com is what should be ithink. if u put quiz then it shouldnt work >.<

I don't understand what you mean by that. Actually, I just noticed some mysql errors in the browser. I think I screwed up some permissions somewhere. I wasn't getting these earlier. What do you mean?

Chris

[edit]That was a password problem. I had changed my password in the .sql file (it's in the zipped package attached above) to xxxx, but forgot to change it back to normal on my server ). Now, you'll see what I mean on the web. Sorry about that.[/edit]
    Last edited by WorldBuilder; January 26th, 2004 at 09:13 PM.
    My Site | My Blog
    "The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results"
    --Albert Einstein

Full Member dzone is on a distinguished road
    I am not sure, but it looks like just another register_globals problem... Try to alter config.php as you did for the flash poll script.
    ------------------------------------
    [URL=http://www.dedicatedzone.com]Managed Dedicated Servers[\URL]

Yeah, I thought about that last night after I walked away from it for a while. You're right. I added
    PHP Code:
    extract($_COOKIE); extract($_POST); extract($_GET); extract($_SERVER); 
    and it works like a charm. Thanks again.

Chris
    My Site | My Blog
    --Albert Einstein

Full Member dzone is on a distinguished road
    Glad that it helped.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information