+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How About Them Patriots

Full Member Interactive is on a distinguished road

Talking How About Them Patriots

Well, did you enjoy the game?

No matter what time you liked (be it the Patriots, Panthers or whatever) that was a great game and both teams did a great job.

Someone needs to teach what's his name (#4 on the Patriots) how to kick in the first 3/4's of the game though...
    -Robert Norton
    http://www.HostComb.com - Find The Hosting Provider That Meets Your Needs

Full Member VorHost is on a distinguished road
    Best Super Bowl in a long time
    "Targeted Website Traffic"
    Smass ::AIM
    jhncastaway

Active Member WorldBuilder is on a distinguished road
    Damn good game!

It had all the elements of a classic game, period. I have NO love for the Patriots (even though I live in Boston), but both teams played their hearts out and the real winners were the NFL fans.

One question I have to ask, though...

Are the Patriots not the luckiest team on Earth?!

Adam Vinatieri is by far the best kicker in the league (and by the way, HE'S the reason the Pat's are so good). The fact that he missed 2 previous field goals doesn't take away from the fact that in a pinch, HE'S the man.

However, am I the ONLY person on the planet who thinks that the Pat's got LUCKY?! If the Panther's kicker had not kicked the ball out of bounds, the Pat's NEVER would have made it far enough downfield for Adam Vinatieri. WHY did he kick it out of bounds?!?!?!?!?! And at the 40 no less!!!!! Jesus, the Pat's only had to go about 30 yards realistically! ANYBODY could have done that!

Nevertheless, it was an awesome game. Congratulations Patriots, Congratulations Panthers, and thanks for a very entertaining, nail-biting 3 hours.

Chris
    My Site | My Blog
    "The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results"
    --Albert Einstein

Full Member Allin1Joe is on a distinguished road
    Sounds like the Panther's kicker had money on the game

I was rooting for the Panthers. Since I am a Cowboys fan, I could have said "well, at least they got beat by the Super Bowl champs". I'll just have to settle for NFC champs now

It was a great game though.

Full Member Interactive is on a distinguished road
    Best kicker? He missed the first 2 IIRC .

Was a great game. Best superbowl in several years. Hopefully Green Bay will make it next go around...

Originally posted by WorldBuilder
    Damn good game!

It had all the elements of a classic game, period. I have NO love for the Patriots (even though I live in Boston), but both teams played their hearts out and the real winners were the NFL fans.

One question I have to ask, though...

Are the Patriots not the luckiest team on Earth?!

Adam Vinatieri is by far the best kicker in the league (and by the way, HE'S the reason the Pat's are so good). The fact that he missed 2 previous field goals doesn't take away from the fact that in a pinch, HE'S the man.

However, am I the ONLY person on the planet who thinks that the Pat's got LUCKY?! If the Panther's kicker had not kicked the ball out of bounds, the Pat's NEVER would have made it far enough downfield for Adam Vinatieri. WHY did he kick it out of bounds?!?!?!?!?! And at the 40 no less!!!!! Jesus, the Pat's only had to go about 30 yards realistically! ANYBODY could have done that!

Nevertheless, it was an awesome game. Congratulations Patriots, Congratulations Panthers, and thanks for a very entertaining, nail-biting 3 hours.

Chris
    -Robert Norton
    http://www.HostComb.com - Find The Hosting Provider That Meets Your Needs

Active Member WorldBuilder is on a distinguished road
    Well,

Adam Vinatieri may have missed the first 2, but he made the one that counts. He is, by far the best clutch kicker in the game today. The only one I know of who MIGHT be as good is the ageless one: Gary Anderson.

I wouldn't mind seeing GB do it, but Brett is too far past his prime, I think. Sucks to say that about someone as good and as classy as him, but it's true.

Still, I'm a die-hard Steelers fan, and I think that within 2 years they will go to the dance. The NFL better watch out because with Dick Labeau returning as defensive coordinator: "Blitzburgh" will be coming back. Remember the 70's baby! History's about to repeat itself.

Chris
    My Site | My Blog
    "The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results"
    --Albert Einstein

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information