+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Congress Fed Up With WHOIS

Web Junky Matt is on a distinguished road

Congress Fed Up With WHOIS

http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,114632,00.asp

In particular it seeks to improve accuracy of the Whois registry, which is supposed to contain up-to-date information on the millions who have purchased and registered a domain name.
    WebmasterLingo.com Team
    Forum Rules

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new" - Albert Einstein

Active Member WorldBuilder is on a distinguished road
    This is one thing that I think the government is right about. There's nothing wrong that I can see about having WHOIS being properly up-to-date and correct.

Chris
    My Site | My Blog
    "The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results"
    --Albert Einstein

Newbie Xelion is on a distinguished road
    Somehow I think the WHOIS is old and outdated. Perhaps a newly formed International IT Agency should manage an updated and revised version of the WHOIS database. Personally I think there is certain information that should not be provided through the database and there is certain information missing from it and as the article has specified that the accuracy of the database should be kept up-to-date.

Active Member Revenant is on a distinguished road
    I rely hugely on WHOIS to find information on which host is reliable and how I can contact a person that has something pertaining to me. I see the feature perfectly convenient in the internet.
    // Rev
    // Ivan Alfaro
    -- Professional Web Developer

Full Member JNadolski14 is on a distinguished road
    About time

Full Member HellFear is on a distinguished road
    Originally posted by Xelion
    Somehow I think the WHOIS is old and outdated. Perhaps a newly formed International IT Agency should manage an updated and revised version of the WHOIS database. Personally I think there is certain information that should not be provided through the database and there is certain information missing from it and as the article has specified that the accuracy of the database should be kept up-to-date.
    Yea, that would be really helpful. Sometimes when I check at a whois server, I hate it whenever there is inaccurate information.

Active Member the illest is on a distinguished road
    I think you should be able to have it where the information is private without having to pay... but that isn't going to happen. heh

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information