+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MySQL/php Calendar script not taking my UN/PW??

Active Member WorldBuilder is on a distinguished road

MySQL/php Calendar script not taking my UN/PW??

Hi guys,

I downloaded a "calendarix" script from HotScripts. It's pretty involved (at least, a php n00b like me thinks it is), but the setup of it is pretty easy. I attached the zip file I downloaded to this post so you can take a look.

I created the MySQL database with the included sql file. No problem. I created a user, a password for that user, etc, etc...

The script works. You can see it in action here. However, when I click "administration" on the bottom left, and then input the username and password I created, it rejects me.

In the "cal_db.inc.php" file, I changed the following to reflect the MySQL user and password I made.
    Code:
    # database connection 

$db = 'calendar';
    $dbuser = 'cal';
    $dbpass = 'xxxxxx';
    $dbhost = 'localhost';

mysql_connect($dbhost,$dbuser,$dbpass) or die("could not connect");
    mysql_select_db("$db") or die("could not open database");
    Still, it rejects me so I can't perform any admin functions. Anyone know what's wrong? Sorry if I'm being vague. I don't know how else to describe it. Can you guys take a look and help me out, please? I'm using phpmyadmin.

Thanks!

Chris
    My Site | My Blog
    "The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results"
    --Albert Einstein

Web Junky Matt is on a distinguished road
    The login to your MySQL database is not necessarily the same login to the administration of the script.

From the README file:
    To use the calendar:
    - just follow the installation instructions in the section below.
    - if you are required to login to view the public calendar, username: 'test', password: 'testing'.
    - for login into the administration, username: 'admin', password: 'admin'.
    WebmasterLingo.com Team
    Forum Rules

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new" - Albert Einstein

Cool. I missed that. Duh. Got in, changed stuff. I swear, my brain cells die as I get older...

Thanks, Matt!

Chris

PS. I couldn't attach the zip file because it was too large.
    My Site | My Blog
    "The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results"
    --Albert Einstein

Full Member dzone is on a distinguished road
    Glad you worked it out. Anyway you could give a link to the hotscripts page

Originally posted by ZYV
    Glad you worked it out. Anyway you could give a link to the hotscripts page
    Here you go! I have to admit, this is a pretty cool, highly useful script. I wonder if someday it could be written so as to work with Palm OS. Now THAT would be incredibly useful. I use the crap out of this calendar already. Even easier than my Palm, and I still use the crap out of that thing, too!

Chris
    My Site | My Blog
    --Albert Einstein

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information