+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Review my site please.

Review my site please.

Hi all,

This is the site that I have just put up for my freelance work and portfolio. I'm more of a developer, so I'm curious to hear what people have to say about the design. Also please, drop me some pointers. Positive feedback always helps.

http://www.jupiterascending.com/

Thanks
    Coltura Creativa: Create.Critique.Conquer
    Articles & Reviews

Full Member whiteknight is on a distinguished road
    hey man, thats a pretty nice looking site. the only suggestion i could make is that you have a small arrow graphic on the menu items that expand out to their own menu...if you know what i mean.

Full Member Matrix28 is on a distinguished road
    Very nice and very clean.

Thanks to both posts.

Anymore suggestions?
    Coltura Creativa: Create.Critique.Conquer
    Articles & Reviews

Active Member Revenant is on a distinguished road
    the borders on the navigation look alittle unattractive, also might wanna put about page before portfolio and after home...rest is good.
    // Rev
    // Ivan Alfaro
    -- Professional Web Developer

Full Member JNadolski14 is on a distinguished road
    Not bad, but it needs more added to theme.

Active Member WorldBuilder is on a distinguished road
    I like it, but I'm not a big fan of all the tables. I haven't looked at it in any browser except IE yet and will get back to you when I do. The JS popup text when hovering over the left nav links is a bit annoying, and I would suggest removing that.

Nice site overall, mate.

Chris
    My Site | My Blog
    "The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results"
    --Albert Einstein

Full Member Axi is on a distinguished road
    The header seems a bit to basic and blank, and just as what WB has said, the navigation with the popup text is useless, it just says what has already been pointed out. Overall, this gets my rating of...

4/10.

Active Member WorldBuilder is on a distinguished road
    Originally posted by Axi
    The header seems a bit to basic and blank
    I actually liked that a lot. It's basic, yes, but the simplicity is actually quite inspiring, I think.

Chris
    My Site | My Blog
    "The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results"
    --Albert Einstein

Full Member Axi is on a distinguished road
    Originally posted by WorldBuilder
    I actually liked that a lot. It's basic, yes, but the simplicity is actually quite inspiring, I think.

Chris
    I've been in the web designing showcase for quite awhile, and I would expect more than just a photo of planets being blurred into black to expand in a web design firm's site. I guess everyone has their own flavor, that's why there's chocolate and vanilla
    Atonex Studios
    www.atonex.com

Full Member wicked_gal00 is on a distinguished road
    Yea, its a good start but it needs more. You could incorporate more colours to make it more appealing.
    I like the menus over Contact and Services, but I'd remove the rollover labels on the rest.
    And I agree with whiteknight, you should put a little arrow or something beside the word, to indicate that there's a menu.

Full Member HellFear is on a distinguished road
    Nice & clean design. It would be good if you added more to the banner.

Active Member bluzman32 is on a distinguished road
    I really like the header with the planets fading to black. I would recommend you change the link colors from pinkish/orange to something easier to see. They kind of burn your eyes when you mouse over it.

Full Member tylercruz is on a distinguished road
    Hi circuitjump,

To reiterate bluzman32, Your link color is very difficult to read on a white background - I suggest changing it form the orangy color it is now to something more legible such as the standard blue.

Secondly, I find the mouseover 'pop-up' links on the left to be of high annoyance - a simple color/image rollover is sufficient for the links - I do not need the tooltip information - sublink pop-up's.

Cheers,

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information