+ Reply to Thread

Thread: css drop down navigation

Full Member mdbriggs is on a distinguished road

Question css drop down navigation

Is there a way to make a drop down style navigation using css?
    mdbriggs - http://mdbriggs.com
    "I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." - John Cage

Active Member WorldBuilder is on a distinguished road
    Hey man,

What exactly do you mean? Something like what you see at BrainJar at the top?

Chris
    My Site | My Blog
    "The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results"
    --Albert Einstein

Full Member Bobert is on a distinguished road
    This site uses nothing but CSS to make the nifty see-through drop down menu at the top: http://www.mezzoblue.com/archives/20...27/mose_menus/

That works in just about everything except IE though. If you're wondering how it was done, it's explained on the same page.

Full Member mdbriggs is on a distinguished road

thanks guys

thanks for the replies guys.

chris, what you've got there at brainjar would be ideal, though its javascript and not css. I thought about going that route until i printed the code to look it over; 12 pages long. thats a lot of bandwidth for navigation.

bobert, thanks again for the reply, but i cant go out and use something that shuts out like 80% of users

anyone else got a suggestion for me here? I am willing to go the java script rout, and like the look and functionality of the navi at BrainJar but like i said 12 pages is too much for navigation.
    mdbriggs - http://mdbriggs.com
    "I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." - John Cage

Active Member WorldBuilder is on a distinguished road
    Actually, it's both JS and CSS. Javascript is necessary (I think, I know very little about JS) for the menus because you need onclick and onmouseover's to actually make the drops function. Everything else, though is driven completely by CSS: the colors, placement, everything.

You could also do THIS as it might work better for you.

Chris
    My Site | My Blog
    "The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results"
    --Albert Einstein

Create your navigation using list tags.Place a list inside a list item (the sub menu).Make sure to give it an ID in the XHTML.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information