+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inspiration

Full Member mentel is on a distinguished road

Inspiration

I often times find myself coming short on creativity. How does one get such good inspiration, to be able to whip up a design for a logo or a site template at the snap of a finger? I've checked out places like www.coolhomepages.com but everytime I start working on a site I abandon it because I don't like the way it looks when I'm half way through. Lately my portfolio has been a challenge, I can never be satisfied with anything I do. Often times can't even juice up ideas.

Active Member WorldBuilder is on a distinguished road
    Soudns like typical "writers block" if you will. Happens to everyone, man. Don't sweat it. The best thing you can do for inspiration is just to look at the world around you. Believe me, if LIFE doesn't inspire you, nothing will. It would seem that you are trying to get ideas by looking at other ideas. That doesn't necessarily work. Inspiration comes from something that gets the old motor running. It spawns your own personal creativity!

Good luck!

Chris
    My Site | My Blog
    "The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results"
    --Albert Einstein

Full Member scannon is on a distinguished road
    Oft times when I'm looking to get my creative juices flowing I head over to http://www.cssvault.com

It is an archive of some very beautiful sites.

Full Member Marshall is on a distinguished road
    My inspirations is friends i know on internet. He does gfx design so i just ask him what a cool design would be and he normally has like 3 in his head that he thinks would be nice

Hrmm. Thanks for that link Scannon. ANd yes, lately inspiration has seemed to be falling short. But I think I'm getting there. Anyways, I'm also looking for work, would anybody know where I could find some? I'm not talking about contests, they are a waste of time. I'm specifically looking for some sort of contract work.

Full Member scannon is on a distinguished road
    I also visit:

www.1lotus.com
    www.leihu.com
    www.simplebits.com
    www.zeldman.com
    www.alistapart.com - this is another excellent place for inspiration. i can't believe i forgot!

Those often help me get ideas too!

Mentel, where do you live? Perhaps we can help you find work with that info.

Chris
    My Site | My Blog
    "The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results"
    --Albert Einstein

Full Member Marshall is on a distinguished road
    Nice sites scannon, sometimes inspiration can also come from websites like you said, normally if a friend doesnt have any ideas Ill visit a site that is similar to what im making to see what they look like and mix n match

Originally posted by WorldBuilder

Chris
    I'm currently located in Calgary, Alberta Canada.

I'm working on my portfolio, but my logos can be found here.

www.3cubedesign.com/logos/gallery/index.html

I posted this in my post (Web Standards)

But this link helps me check out new ideas. Other creative things that people do with CSS. It's a great resource.

http://www.csszengarden.com/
    Coltura Creativa: Create.Critique.Conquer
    Articles & Reviews

Originally posted by Marshall
    Nice sites scannon, sometimes inspiration can also come from websites like you said, normally if a friend doesnt have any ideas Ill visit a site that is similar to what im making to see what they look like and mix n match
    That is usually what I do. I try to borrow others ideas and switch them around.

Originally posted by circuitjump
    I posted this in my post (Web Standards)

But this link helps me check out new ideas. Other creative things that people do with CSS. It's a great resource.

http://www.csszengarden.com/
    I'm still learning css. I'd like to do my portfolio with it.

Originally posted by WorldBuilder

Chris
    Got anything yet?

Sorry, mate. I don't know anyone in Canada. Sorry. Wish I could help out.

Chris
    My Site | My Blog
    --Albert Einstein

Any kind of outsourcing you have? I can do work over email or instant messaging software. Or if you can find me something great, I would be willing to relocate. Hehe.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information