+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: www.autostyleinc.com

Full Member mentel is on a distinguished road

www.autostyleinc.com

I know I can do better, but the client seems happy with it. Just wondering what you guys think I could improve on, and where there are some good tutorials on doing the programming portion of a website. I can design things well, but I always have trouble making them work. www.autostyleinc.com opinions/suggestions welcomed

Active Member WorldBuilder is on a distinguished road
    Quick, basic suggestions:

Center the whole thing.

Create a form on the contact page, or at least somewhere in the contact areas.

I can help with the technicalities if you like.

Chris
    My Site | My Blog
    "The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results"
    --Albert Einstein

Active Member Revenant is on a distinguished road
    use cascading stylesheets.
    // Rev
    // Ivan Alfaro
    -- Professional Web Developer

Originally posted by Revenant
    use cascading stylesheets.
    That's a little vague, Revenant.

Chris
    My Site | My Blog
    "The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results"
    --Albert Einstein

Full Member Axi is on a distinguished road
    He is using CSS Revenant... anyways, your storefront pic is being made smaller than what it should be, I suggest that you should resize it in PS or something to save loading time, and improve the quality of the picture. Also add more content to your main page such as some featured products or specials to get it rolling.

Overall, I don't really like the design, but I understand that you are a begginer? If so, this is average for a designer who has just starting designing. You'll learn how to improve layouts like this over time, it's natural.

Originally posted by Axi
    He is using CSS Revenant...
    Yes, but admittedly very little.

Still, I stick to my original suggestions.

Chris
    My Site | My Blog
    --Albert Einstein

biscuits, didn't notice he was usin already. i've never used times new roman as a font in any of my pages, i thought he wasn't using them because times new roman is default text font. sweet jesus, that font has cooties .
    // Rev
    // Ivan Alfaro

I'm not exactly a 'beginner', I just have trouble making my nice flashy designs work. So I'm stuck with something that looks 'o.k.' and works, rather than something that looks really purty and doesnt work

Well Mentel I think it looks fine. No need to be "flashy". Like I said, though, it might look better centered. Try that out and see how it looks.

Chris
    My Site | My Blog
    --Albert Einstein

yeah, try centering it. and to be honest, i doubt its 'ok' ... if you want me to go at it, i usually charge $20 bux, but i'll do for $10 bux [usd] for a clone of all content, plus a redesign that you will not question it's attractiveness.

g2g
    // Rev
    // Ivan Alfaro

Originally posted by Revenant
    ... plus a redesign that you will not question it's attractiveness.
    He's not the one questioning it! Neither should you. It looks fine.

Chris
    My Site | My Blog
    --Albert Einstein

Thanks worldbuilder, appreciate it. I've enrolled myself in a local html, php, asp and flash action scripting course, I should be able to learn how to do this stuff properly in a couple months.

Ask here, too mentel!

I can help with HTML, XHTML, and CSS, and I am also taking a Flash class that started last night as a matter of fact!

You'll probably have to ask "ZYV" for php help. He's the man at php 'round these parts.

Chris
    My Site | My Blog
    --Albert Einstein

Active Member Fabolous05 is on a distinguished road
    I like the navigation bar very much.

However the site just doesn't really seem to flow with everything. I think the banner seems a little out of place

Full Member HellFear is on a distinguished road
    I agree, the banner is good but you need to improve on the banner. It's really plain, add some effects, right now it's all looking very plain.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information