+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's ya flava ?

Active Member Revenant is on a distinguished road

What's ya flava ?

what web programming language do you use the most ?

i use php, jsp, css, n html...

rarely jsp though...php is it's much efficient predecessor and has so much potential.
    // Rev
    // Ivan Alfaro
    -- Professional Web Developer

Full Member wicked_gal00 is on a distinguished road
    I haven't had too much time to get into web programming, but the little I've done, I've done using php. I find it really easy to understand because I've taken courses on VB/C/Java at school.

It's, of course, very useful, and I'd like to spend some time this summer getting better acquainted with it. I just haven't had a real opportunity where I've had to write a php script yet.

Active Member WorldBuilder is on a distinguished road
    I don't know much about server side scripting languages since I am still learning them. I am quite adept at XHTML 1.0 & 1.1, and 1.1 is what I now use exclusively. I make very sure that all pages are clean and crisp while validating.

I do incorporate a little perl/cgi on my site, and a bit of php/MySQL. I also have some very basic Flash which I got from a script I downloaded. I'll be learning more Flash this summer in a class I am starting this week.

That's pretty much it, but I have to say that from what I have seen, php is the best.

Chris
    My Site | My Blog
    "The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results"
    --Albert Einstein

Full Member Marshall is on a distinguished road
    Heh when I first saw the thread title I thought you were talking about linux

The ones I use are CSS, PHP/MySQL the most, HTML, javascript when necessary, same for perl, and last but not least, never asp

Active Member WorldBuilder is on a distinguished road
    Oops! I forgot about CSS. When I first started using CSS a few months ago, I started making all new pages with it. I am currently in the process of redoing all my older pages in it, getting rid of those damn tables!

Chris
    My Site | My Blog
    "The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results"
    --Albert Einstein

lol css is a HUGE time-saver...i feel sorry for people who don't know it, and i would've hit myself with my monitor when i first learned it...were it not for my pet rat ;p.

*edit : as for php, you guys will eventually master it and learn of its greatness with time...took me a couple of months*
    // Rev
    // Ivan Alfaro

Full Member Axi is on a distinguished road
    html, php, and css, currently trying to learn javascript.

yeah, i've read acouple books on javascripts, i can't remember precisely how to use it...everything's just so jumbled up. it looks like its the ultimate alternative to flash though...i've seen websites that have been made with jscript that beat flash down with a club.
    // Rev
    // Ivan Alfaro

Full Member Bobert is on a distinguished road
    The programming language that I use is asp.net.

The structural languages that I use are html and css.

heres the truth, asp jsp and php are twins...only differences are the command starters << ex (php - <? ?>) (jsp - <% %>) (asp - i dunno ) >> and environmental variables such as echo, location, file execution commands, etc. it's probably different in other critical ways, but the ultimate truth is that they mimic eachother's actions quite closely.
    // Rev
    // Ivan Alfaro

Newbie Cindy is on a distinguished road
    Originally posted by Revenant
    heres the truth, asp jsp and php are twins...only differences are the command starters << ex (php - <? ?>) (jsp - <% %>) (asp - i dunno ) >> and environmental variables such as echo, location, file execution commands, etc. it's probably different in other critical ways, but the ultimate truth is that they mimic eachother's actions quite closely.
    You are right. I took a class in college called Enterprise Programming and the first 3 things we did (after learning a bit of javascript) were to make a web site in PHP and then make the same site in ASP and finally ColdFusion. They were very similar. Then we went on to learn how to use java servlets and JSP. I have to say that that class was the best programming class I took and now I am hoping to do web programming as a career.

good luck, its a competitive field for who knoes the most .
    // Rev
    // Ivan Alfaro

Full Member Greg is on a distinguished road
    CSS, HTML. I'm learning PHP right now slowly, as I try to incorporate it into my sites.

Active Member the illest is on a distinguished road
    I use html and css the most. Imagine that.. how absurd.

Full Member cdingman is on a distinguished road
    I use PERL/CGI, PHP, CSS and Javascript mostly.

I do occasionally use flash.

I don't really know much ASP or Coldfusion though.

Most of my sites are done with PHP.

Chris Dingman
    Webmaster
    <A HREF="http://www.cabarettheatre.org" target="_blank">Cabaret Theatre</A><BR>
    <A HREF="http://www.twinlightdesigns.com" target="_blank">Twinlight Designs</A>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information