+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: macromedia or adobe ?

Active Member Revenant is on a distinguished road

macromedia or adobe ?

in regards to wicked_gal00's new thread on which flash editor is the best...I would like to know which company you all get your jobs done with...macromedia software or adobe software ? ... I personally use macromedia, and purchased a license to macromedia studio mx because i use dreamweaver for inserting flash and php without any errors coming up like in frontpage ... also, fireworks mx has helped my graphics career a LOAD ... i have used nothing other than it to create my websites, and they're hits [i recommend anyone who hasnt tried it, to go at it]. as for adobe, i used to work with it, but even though it is simple in the inside, it just doesnt have as much potential or works as fast as fireworks.
    // Rev
    // Ivan Alfaro
    -- Professional Web Developer

Full Member Marshall is on a distinguished road
    I myself prefer adobe, I tried fireworks a year ago and found it lacking compared to the blending options and filters you get in photoshop. I also find photoshop is easier to work with but I did like fireworks layout design alot better than photoshop with all the panels nested in the actual program.

Sure, photoshop is the professional standard, but Fireworks can do the same...Care to put it up to the test ?
    // Rev
    // Ivan Alfaro

Full Member Marshall is on a distinguished road
    Not sure, im not really advanced at photoshop yet im more of a beginner/intermediate at it.

Full Member wicked_gal00 is on a distinguished road
    I've been using photoshop for a while and I prefer it since I'm so used to it. I can't say much about Fireworks because I haven't really had a chance to use it.

Newbie Cindy is on a distinguished road
    I've also been using Photoshop for quite some time and I really like it for its purpose. However, I also use Flash MX for flash development. *And* I also use Swish. :-P They all have their appropriate time and place, IMO.

Full Member Axi is on a distinguished road
    I don't really know... I prefer Photoshop for web designing and image manipulation, but when it comes to flash, there's only Macromedia for ya.

Full Member JNadolski14 is on a distinguished road
    Photoshop all around popular aswell as stable, always need addons and updates great software, Macromedia is good for flash but besides that i do everything else freehand,

Active Member WorldBuilder is on a distinguished road
    I never liked PS. Gimme Paint Shop Pro any day. It'll do 95% of what PS will do...

I am not a big Adobe user (but I do use Acrobat a lot). I use PSP 7 for image manipulation, and the odd package (WorldBuilder, Bryce) for creation.

I am beginning Flash MX now, and like it so far.

Chris
    My Site | My Blog
    "The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results"
    --Albert Einstein

take a peck at fireworks mx, you won't regret it when you've mastered all of its features.
    // Rev
    // Ivan Alfaro

Full Member Greg is on a distinguished road
    How can you say that Fireworks is better than Photoshop? There's a reason why Photoshop is the industry standard, and Fireworks isn't.

As far as web design goes, though, Dreamweaver is the industry standard, thus it beats out Adobe's Golive.

Also, don't even mention Frontpage. It's a disgrace. If you can't afford Dreamweaver, use Notepad.

Originally posted by Greg
    How can you say that Fireworks is better than Photoshop? There's a reason why Photoshop is the industry standard, and Fireworks isn't.

As far as web design goes, though, Dreamweaver is the industry standard, thus it beats out Adobe's Golive.

Also, don't even mention Frontpage. It's a disgrace. If you can't afford Dreamweaver, use Notepad.
    i can do whatever photoshop does, plus more with fireworks, just because the industry hasnt realized that, isnt my fault.

i only use dw for inserting flash, i do all my php coding in notepad.

and frontpage is no disgrace with html, dw IS...GoLive is the only real disgrace here.
    // Rev
    // Ivan Alfaro

Full Member Greg is on a distinguished road
    So you think you're right, and millions of people are wrong? No. Fireworks is extremely limited.

Frontpage *is* a disgrace. It is a beginner tool, basically. Have you looked at the code Frontpage produces? They throw in so much garbage in there...

How in the world is DW a disgrace? It is the industry standard, and the the industry leader. No question about it.

Web Junky Matt is on a distinguished road
    Frontpage has been known to make the code exclusive to Internet Explorer that is why quite a few sites are not loading correctly in Mozilla
    WebmasterLingo.com Team
    Forum Rules

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new" - Albert Einstein

Originally posted by Greg
    So you think you're right, and millions of people are wrong? No. Fireworks is extremely limited.

Frontpage *is* a disgrace. It is a beginner tool, basically. Have you looked at the code Frontpage produces? They throw in so much garbage in there...

How in the world is DW a disgrace? It is the industry standard, and the the industry leader. No question about it.
    Put me to the test, I can do anything photoshop does, plus more.

What garbage ? It's all standard format.

DW is just bad, because it wastes to much time on something as simple as creating a table cell.
    // Rev
    // Ivan Alfaro

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information