+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Getting an SWF from a site and converting it to FLA?

Web Junky Matt is on a distinguished road
    A google search brought me to this piece of software;
    Flash Saver
    WebmasterLingo.com Team
    Forum Rules

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new" - Albert Einstein

Active Member WorldBuilder is on a distinguished road
    Very cool man. Thanks! Don't know why I couldn't find that myself... I feel just a hair more pathetic.

LOL, j/k. I still rule all (well, some anyway...)

Cheers,

Chris
    My Site | My Blog
    "The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results"
    --Albert Einstein

Newbie memphis is on a distinguished road
    I have an .swf and I wanted to convert it to .fla so I could make some minor changes ( I lost the .fla )

Is that possible? 'cause I downloaded 'Sothink SWF Decompiler' but I couldn't see a way to do it... I could only export each part separately... and it was the trial so I couldn't even export much of it at all.

Any other possibilities?

I ended up trying the above programs, but they didn't really do anything for me, either. I uninstalled them...

Chris
    My Site | My Blog
    "The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results"
    --Albert Einstein

Newbie Adrastea0413 is on a distinguished road
    You're gonna find that most SWF decompilers don't help at all.

My advice to you is to burn your FLAs on a CD-RW so you don't lose them. It kinda sucks that you did, but there's no easy way to just convert it back to FLA from SWF.

I wouldn't waste any more time trying to decompile the files. I'd start working on a new FLA if I were you.

I didn't want it so that I could replace lost files. I never lost any. It was because I wanted to check out code and what not from other files to help me learn. Not a big deal.

Chris
    My Site | My Blog
    --Albert Einstein

Newbie Adrastea0413 is on a distinguished road
    Originally posted by WorldBuilder
    I didn't want it so that I could replace lost files. I never lost any. It was because I wanted to check out code and what not from other files to help me learn. Not a big deal.

Chris
    Chris,
    My apologies for not being clearer. My message was just a general reply to both you and memphis.

There is a program called ActionScript Viewer (available at http://www.buraks.com/asv/) that can get you some of the actionscript from SWF movies. It isn't bad if you just want to learn some of the code.

Good luck

Full Member Sothink is on a distinguished road
    Sothink SWF Decompiler released a new version with new features. Take a look:

Full Member ewomack is on a distinguished road
    Not to put on an ethics hat... but you could e-mail the site and ask for code rather then just taking it. Some designers may not appreciate you taking their .swfs and converting them to .FLAs (but those who are really uptight about it will protect their code). Be careful with copywritten sites, also.

Just a nitpicky suggestion...

Ed Womack
    Get Milked

Full Member Sothink is on a distinguished road
    You may take a look at Sothink SWF Decompiler Journal:

http://www.sothink.com/journal/2/index.htm
    Submit your review or comments on the site,
    to get software for FREE.<O</O

<O</O

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information