+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My first web page

Account Disabled Optigamer is on a distinguished road

My first web page

I'm still a beginner at HTML, and I finally got a subdomain, so I threw together a little bit of code and made some graphics in paint (I don't have Photo Shop YET) and threw it up on the web. This is my first page completely designed by me. It's of course not close to finishing the initial design. It takes me much longer that most people , I was up until 4am doing that, so please be nice . The BG color is one thing that's going to be different. . . just look at the two boxes at the top . There's going to be a border below the logo and the toolbar thingy, and the header is going to have a pic in the background. I'm only doing this for the learning experience because I'm buying a nice profesisonal template that's about to be made. okay. . . here it is *shaking*.

http://www.rockcoweta.theillest.net//Beta2.htm

Active Member Fabolous05 is on a distinguished road
    well I guess it's pretty much obvious of why you want me to help you now... hehehe just joking!

A good start However where is the rest
    Fabo@VolantaStudios.com
    Head Designer
    Volantą Studios

Like i said, it' takes me a LONG time. And i did it all last night.

Active Member Fabolous05 is on a distinguished road
    well when your using paint I imagine it would. For only using paint for those two things that would take forever..
    Fabo@VolantaStudios.com
    Head Designer
    Volantą Studios

Active Member WorldBuilder is on a distinguished road

Re: My first web page

Originally posted by Optigamer
    http://www.rockcoweta.theillest.net//Beta2.htm
    URL is dead right now...

Chris
    My Site | My Blog
    "The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results"
    --Albert Einstein

Not the greatest thing I've ever seen. The blue is a bit much, too bright. Is this still your upcoming site, or is Fabolous working on a new one for you?

Chris
    My Site | My Blog
    "The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results"
    --Albert Einstein

Full Member gutchunks is on a distinguished road
    not a bad start .. but with all the new programs out there its really a waste of time to try to learn html ... well being familiar with it is a good thing but dont spend too much time on it... most programs write all the html out for you

Originally posted by gutchunks
    not a bad start .. but with all the new programs out there its really a waste of time to try to learn html ... well being familiar with it is a good thing but dont spend too much time on it... most programs write all the html out for you
    Wow... I have to say that this is a terrible attitude, gutchunks. Learning at least a little more than the basic HTML is critical. Yes, WYSIWYG editors will write the code for you, but 99% of the time it's bloated, crappy code that sometimes won't display properly in all browsers and certainly won't validate.

The WWW already has enough bad coders and poorly coded websites. It doesn't need any more. LEARN HTML or don't make sites, I say.

Now, that doesn't mean you have to be an expert! But at least know what different tags do, etc...

Chris
    My Site | My Blog
    --Albert Einstein

Right. That's what I'm doing. I'm making it as customized as possible, eben if I have to do it a little at a time replacing other script with mine. I'm getting the template from Fabolous05 today. So i will have it finally up soon.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information