+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newnans Bands

Active Member Fabolous05 is on a distinguished road

Newnans Bands

Hi I'm making a website for Optigamer and his website Newnans Bands.

This is my first version of it and I want your opinions,

Fabo@VolantaStudios.com
    Head Designer
    Volantą Studios

Active Member the illest is on a distinguished road
    Looks real good.

newer version, deleted other one since you can't edit.

Fabo@VolantaStudios.com
    Head Designer
    Volantą Studios

Looks pretty much the same to me...

opti wanted the top banner to be stretched across page and have text over it so thats what changed.

And after I realized I agree with him and it looks better

Oh and I'll probaly change the very bottom bar looks too dull and boring.

lol

Ok. You should've left the old one so that we could've noticed the changes easier.

Didn't really feel the need to torture the 56k Besides there still pretty big and still low quality.
    Fabo@VolantaStudios.com
    Head Designer
    Volantą Studios

Newbie v3x is on a distinguished road
    I don't like it. You should actually put time and effort into your projects next time.
    Last edited by v3x; July 1st, 2004 at 05:36 AM.

Active Member WorldBuilder is on a distinguished road
    I like the design, but would prefer a URL to it as opposed to a picture. The 3 column layout is nice and professional and I like the color scheme.

I also like the button. Are they images or CSS manipulated text?

Would love a URL.

Chris
    My Site | My Blog
    "The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results"
    --Albert Einstein

http://members.shaw.ca/bavraj/newbans.jpg

redid the bottom.

Yeah worldbuilder there still making the site so it should be up soon. And those images are images but I'm going to do that html effect your talking about that way you he won't have to edit the photshop buttons.
    Last edited by Fabolous05; July 1st, 2004 at 12:40 PM.
    Fabo@VolantaStudios.com
    Head Designer
    Volantą Studios

They're still making the site? I don't understand... WHO'S making this site? In the first post, you said you were making this site for Optigamer.

Oh, and what do use to make pages? Do you make pages in Photoshop? Is that possible? I don't know anything about Photoshop...

At any rate, do me a favor. If you MUST post images of these sites, please resize them so they're smaller. All you're doing now is killing the database and sucking bandwidth unnecessarily. Those images are huge.

Chris
    My Site | My Blog
    "The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results"
    --Albert Einstein

problem solved I just put a link, if the image is still showing up hit f5 my crappy image host never refreshes.

I made the pages in photoshop about 760xHowever Long. Then you use the slicetool and slice everything you need. Try to slice everything that is the same color so you can delete it and replace it with a colour instead. Take slices of all the things that can be converted to 1 pixel width images like vertical gradients. And for the buttons you slice those as well.

You then pick save for web, pick optimized, then it will save a .html and a folder of images. Then you can fix up the html a bit and make things load faster. Delete all the same color pics and replace them with background colors etc. With the buttons just click the image in the html and set it to the background of that cell and type over it.

Originally posted by Fabolous05
    problem solved I just put a link, if the image is still showing up hit f5 my crappy image host never refreshes.
    I appreciate it, thanks.

Originally posted by Fabolous05
    I made the pages in photoshop about 760xHowever Long. Then you use the slicetool and slice everything you need. Try to slice everything that is the same color so you can delete it and replace it with a colour instead. Take slices of all the things that can be converted to 1 pixel width images like vertical gradients. And for the buttons you slice those as well.

You then pick save for web, pick optimized, then it will save a .html and a folder of images. Then you can fix up the html a bit and make things load faster. Delete all the same color pics and replace them with background colors etc. With the buttons just click the image in the html and set it to the background of that cell and type over it.
    I see. I never knew you could publish HTML pages with Photoshop. Personally, I don't think I like that. The code is bound to be terrible no matter how much you clean it up, and I'll venture to say that it's pretty slow. It would probably take less time (and would almost certainly be better coded) without PS. Hmmmm. Interesting, though.

Chris
    My Site | My Blog
    --Albert Einstein

No actually the code is surprisingly good and the quality all depends on how intelligently you did the slicing. Most photshop made websites are sliced in photoshop.
    Fabo@VolantaStudios.com
    Head Designer
    Volantą Studios

Account Disabled Optigamer is on a distinguished road
    I dunno about that, I mean with HTML it's got to put it all together, but with a template, it's already together right?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information