+ Reply to Thread

Thread: midPhase- any good?

Full Member Steveo31 is on a distinguished road

midPhase- any good?

By the looks of it, they look pretty good, and it is $7.95/mo for an annual subscription. Anyone use(d) em?

Full Member MG315 is on a distinguished road
    i'm using them right now and i gotta say theyre great. super fast servers, great support...and above all, a great price. we have a reseller account with them (actually with autica, a midphase subsidiary) and we host our sites and our clients. so far we've had very few problems, and when we did have one they were quickly addressed by the midphase support team.

i spent a long time trying to find a good host a while ago. i finally went with one that gave me 800mbs space and 8 gigs transfer for $3/month because of the price. big mistake. servers were slow and down often and no support at all. i've been at both ends of the spectrum and i can safely say that midphase is one of the better ones.

Full Member Steveo31 is on a distinguished road
    Wow...$3 a month? Sheesh.

While I have you, what does "transfer" mean? Is it the amount of traffic in bytes?

Web Junky Matt is on a distinguished road
    Originally posted by Steveo31
    Wow...$3 a month? Sheesh.

While I have you, what does "transfer" mean? Is it the amount of traffic in bytes?
    Transfer is usually a term that is affiliated with "Bandwidth", or as you stated, the amount of traffic. This amount is usually expressed in Gigabytes (GB).
    WebmasterLingo.com Team
    Forum Rules

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new" - Albert Einstein

Full Member amish_geek is on a distinguished road
    Companies that charge less per month for large amounts (or even just decent amounts) of space and transfer use the method known as OverSelling. By getting Lots & Lots of people hosted with you with low rates, you can actually make money. But servers tend to get overloaded, and support is more difficult with more clients.

I'm not saying that midphase does this, I have heard good things about them, but it is something to consider when you see hosts offering hosting for low prices.

Just my $0.02
    Aaron Abramson
    Hosting Made Easy

Full Member uomodonna is on a distinguished road
    midphase has been good and I have use them for one of my sites. No technical problems or they are fast to handle. However, when it comes to billing issues, I normally get transferred to the admin department which takes some times or never replies.

Well I think they are good if you are a continual subscriber.

Just my opinion.
    ••••• Uomo | Donna Network Solutions •••••
    • High Quality Hosting for Perfect Business Start-Up•
    http://www.uomo-donna.net

Full Member tomcromp is on a distinguished road
    i havent personally used there service but i have been told it is extreamly good

Full Member adjkhost is on a distinguished road
    Looks like midPhase is doing successful marketing campaigns.....

MG315:
    For $3/month you can expect (MAXIMUM with exactly no profit from the host) like 3GB Bandwidth (premium).

- Andre
    ADJK HOST - Quality Assured Web Site Hosting
    Web Hosting for students from $2.95/month!

Full Member JNadolski14 is on a distinguished road
    Well ive never used them, but its good to here people sticking up for there current or previous host.

CheerS

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information