+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Input text color difference & a button with text

Active Member WorldBuilder is on a distinguished road

Input text color difference & a button with text

Hi all,

In Flash MX 2004 Pro, I am trying to create a rectangular button that has the word "Enter" on it. For some reason, the text is gone and I don't know what happened to it. Can someone take a look and tell me what I'm doing wrong, please?

Oh, also... There is an input text field I created, but it's white (and so is the rest of the movie). How can I change it so that the background of the entire scene is different from the input text field (so it is seen)? That's gotta be easy, but damned if I can get it...

Thanks!

Chris
    Attached Files Attached Files
    My Site | My Blog
    "The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results"
    --Albert Einstein

Ok, I figured out the text ON the button, and I seperated the input text field from the background. I can change the background without interfering with the input text box, BUT when I do change the background, it changes in all 3 scenes, and I only want the FIRST scene's background to be black (with the other 2 remaining white).

Here's the latest file, forget the one above... Anyone?

Chris

[edit] One other thing... After inputting the password, the user currently would have to actually mouse-click the "Enter" button. Hitting Enter on the keyboard doesn't work. How can I make it so that hitting the Enter key would work? That is NO big deal. If it's easy, cool. If not, no worries. [/edit]
    Last edited by WorldBuilder; July 7th, 2004 at 08:00 PM.
    My Site | My Blog
    "The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results"
    --Albert Einstein

Ok,

I've gotten most of this to work thanks to Google.

One more thing. I wanted to add buttons to scenes 2 & 3 that would return to the logon screen. I did that ok. In Scene 3, however, I made a second button (the blue gradient one) that I would like to go to a certain URL when clicked.

I have read a little bit about "getURL" actionscripting, but couldn't get it to work. Can anyone tell me the code to go to a URL when that button is clicked? Everything else works the way I want to!

Attached is the most current file. Can ANYONE tell me this?!

Thanks,

Chris
    My Site | My Blog
    --Albert Einstein

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information