+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Website design pricing

Website design pricing

Hello All

I've been doing some work for a while now in my country. I live in the caribbean and the whole concept of website development firms is new. The thing is I've realised that people are finally taking web design seriously here and I want to take advantage of that.

The thing is though I'm trying to come up with a pricing scheme. I mainly do work eith Databases, CSS, PHP, Javascript, HTML etc and I have other people focused on design. Any suggestions? I'm tired of shooting in the dark.

Rabiit

Active Member WorldBuilder is on a distinguished road
    Well, no one can tell you what pricing scheme you should use is. For one thing, I doubt any of us are from where you are, and God knows economies are different everywhere...

Basically, take a look around the web and see what others charge. Then account for your basic overhead and see what you think you'll need in order to make a profit. Choose beforehand what you want to make as a profit, though. Perhaps 5%.

HTH,

Chris
    My Site | My Blog
    "The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results"
    --Albert Einstein

The most important thing is to charge an amount that people will pay. It would be silly to charge more than that. From there, decide how much your work is worth.

I can't imagine your overhead is that much, so 5% sounds way too low.

If there are firms going it in your country, do some research on what they are charging and how good their work is. and then go from there.

Account Disabled Subliminal is on a distinguished road
    Research is manditory, people arent going to buy from you if they can get it somewhere else for half the price.

Full Member smub is on a distinguished road
    it really depends on ur work .. and how much effort u put in and how good the quality is ..

Full Member tylercruz is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Subliminal
    Research is manditory, people arent going to buy from you if they can get it somewhere else for half the price.
    I highly disagree. As somebody who regularly hires outsource work, price is never the deciding factor - the designers portfolio and skills are.
    Tyler Cruz
    Merendi Networks
    Merendi.com Movie-Vault.com PokerForums.org

Full Member Francisco Aloy is on a distinguished road
    Hi Rabiit,

This is how to price your work:

Since you are doing work that can be transmitted using the web, you don't have to
    only work for your geographic area.

If you do need to do bids that reflect your area, look at some of the boards that
    hire talent, such as elance. Look at the jobs and bids from folks near your area.

Most folks that deal with bid acceptance will get between 5 to 10 bids for one project.
    They will automatically trash the lowest 2 to 4 bids and consider the rest.

The above means that you don't want to be the lowballer; also, you don't want to
    be the highballer, either! It's best to hit the bids right in the middle price range.

After that, the portfolio and presntation, together with any referrals you have,
    will get you the job. Once your business grows and you happen to land some good,
    fat corporate accounts, you can inch your price up a bit.

Francisco
    The Newbie Business Guide, easy website
    building and promotion resources. Internet
    Business information specifically for Newbies.
    Start Your New Internet Business

Usual web designs i do go around $99 to $200 for initial setup depending on complexity.

Full Member acumensoft is on a distinguished road

Custom tailor made sites to suit your business requirement.

Hello,
    i came across trough your post,

We have designed and developed 120+ complex website applications. Listed below are few domains where we have worked and can customize it as per your requirement. We can show the demos on request.
    Business domains are:

1. Auction
    2. Online Ticket Sale
    3. Real Estate
    4. Community site
    5. Coupon site
    6. Rating/Review Site
    7. Directory Listing sites

For further enquiry please contact
    1. Mr. Puspendra Roy
    email: puspendra(at)acumensofttech(dot)com
    MSN:acumensoft(at)hotmail(dot)com
    Yahoo:acumensoft
    www(dot)acumensofttech(dot)com

Full Member craig is on a distinguished road
    It depends on the number of features to be incorporated into the website. Static pages is not that much expensive

Newbie karen7 is on a distinguished road
    I want to help you but I am very sorry that I also do not very clear about that.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information