+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Flash Memory Game - lots of problems

Active Member WorldBuilder is on a distinguished road

Flash Memory Game - lots of problems

Hi all,

A few months ago I downloaded an open source Flash/php memory game. I'm trying to make a memory game with cartoon characters (spongebob, blue, bob the builder, etc) for my son to play (he's four). I know he'd like it, and his birthday is coming up. So, I downloaded it all but haven't gotten a chance to play with it until recently. I'm having trouble with it all and I cannot for the life of me find where I got it from (otherwise I would just ask the original author). *sigh*

So, I happened across this game online that looked good and downloaded all the files. It worked from the get-go, but I wanted to change some things. I know VERY LITTLE about php and Flash, but I thought I could get it all changed the way I want.

I have changed a few things (background colors, etc) but am having trouble with the rest. I think I've also screwed some things up.

Could you please check out the current game HERE and take a look? There's a lot to change, but I want to get the basic functionality first. I'd appreciate any help as my son's birthday party is Saturday and I'd like to have it done for him then.

1. The images behind the blue "cards" are NOT random. If you play the game, you'll notice that the images are always vertical. What I mean is that say you turn over the card in the upper left. The card immediately below matches. It's like that over the entire game. It USED TO BE random. I don't know what the hell I did (it had to be me ), but I would like to get it back so that the images are randomly generated.

2. The scoring isn't working right. If you click on highscore after playing, you see all this "undefined" stuff. Something's not right there. Again, that used to work and I don't know what happened to cause it to change.

3. All of the images are cats. As stated, I want to make the game full of cartoon characters. However, in Flash when I look in the library, I cannot see images of the cats anywhere. How do I change the cats to cartoon characters. I can provide the cartoon images I have if you need them.

I have rolled the fla, swf, html, and php files into a zip file. That zip file is HERE. Can someone please help me get this all working right? I'd be most appreciative!!!

Thanks!

Chris
    My Site | My Blog
    "The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results"
    --Albert Einstein

Account Disabled Subliminal is on a distinguished road
    Im sure someone would do it much faster if you threw some cash in.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information