+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Animated gifs and snow

Full Member SavannahSilkie is on a distinguished road

Question Animated gifs and snow

Hi:

I just finished a Christmas page which has a snow script and further down the page is an animated Christmas Tree and my "Patience" logo which is also animated. The animated gifs worked until I put the snow script in. Now the snow works. I used this same script on a page past year which had animated deer and they both worked. I've gone over both of the htmls, and I can't see the problem. My site is best viewed with internet explorer and the page in questions is at: home.comcast.net/~poetry_pate/scrooge.html

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Pate

Newbie junior is on a distinguished road
    all your animations are working perfectly

Active Member WorldBuilder is on a distinguished road
    SS,

So the tree and Patience logo should be animated? Is that what you're saying?

If they are, try removing the height and width attributes of those two gifs.

Chris

Hi Chris:

Yes, the tree and the "patience" logo are supposed to be animated. I removed the width and height attributes, and they're still not behaving. I thought it may be just on my pc, but I've looked at it on my other 2 pc's and they're not animated there either. I moved the body onload snow script to above the <html> tag and snow is loading fine. It worked fine on a Christmas page I did last year, so I don't understand it. Probably some lil something I'm not seeing.

Thank you,
    Pate

Originally posted by junior
    all your animations are working perfectly
    What browser are you using?

Chris
    My Site | My Blog
    "The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results"
    --Albert Einstein

Pate, this is weird. I have a few friends to view it, and on some of their machines, it all works in IE. Not on mine, though.

The animations do work in firefox, but not the snow.

This is weird, lemme play with it.

Chris
    My Site | My Blog
    "The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results"
    --Albert Einstein

Hi Chris:

I'm using IE 6 on all my pc's. Snow working, but animated gifs not. Thank you for looking at for me.

Well, here's what I found. I'm no javascript expert, but my guess is that the script is interfering, for sure.

What I do notice is that on a few machines, everything works fine in IE. Now, it doesn't work fine on MY IE.

However, I did notice a difference. On my IE browser, when I load your page, the progress bar STOPS at full blue, but never actually disappears, indicating that something has not fully loaded. No matter how long it sits there, it progresses no further. On machines where it IS working, the page does fully load and the progress bar disappears.

I would contact whomever wrote the script and see if they know anything about this.

Wish I could do more, Pate.

Chris

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information