+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For Photographs

Full Member hybricom is on a distinguished road

Post For Photographs

I was getting some photos of my kids ready for development and made a nice faded frame for one of them. I am doing these myself mainly because I don't want to pay a photographer to do them and have the needed equipment to take the photos anyway.

Here is how I did it...

- Open your photo in PhotoShop

- The photo opens as a background. Double click the background and rename it to something,

- Using the elliptical tool left click in the top left corner and drag down to the bottom left corner approximately the same distance from the corner as you started. (You can move this around with your arrow keys to move it around if needed)

- From the layers palette click on Add Layer Mask. Make sure the Layer mask is selected in the Layer Palette.

- The go to Filter, then blur, then gaussian blur. It will be a lot easier if you have the preview option enabled. Adjust the radius until you get the effect you are looking for or the amount of fade you want and click ok.

NOTE: If you want the background fade to be a different color then create a new layer, fill with the color you want and then drag that layer to the bottom of the layers in the layer palette.

Enjoy!

Full Member wicked_gal00 is on a distinguished road
    Can we see what your final result looks like?

Full Member wiseguy316 is on a distinguished road
    Originally posted by wicked_gal00
    Can we see what your final result looks like?
    Yeah, some before/after pics would be cool.

I am not sure how long I will leave thse up but here you go. They have been reduced just a bit but you get the idea.

This is the original photo
    Original Photo

This is after following the tutorial
    The final product

Full Member wiseguy316 is on a distinguished road
    Nice.

That kid is cute and, in that pose, devilishly sexy!

Active Member WorldBuilder is on a distinguished road
    Best way to frame in general is to download some actions for PS. They can frame a photo in seconds with essentially no work.

Lemme know if you would like some links to some free actions.

Chris

WorldBuilder, I am very interested in a better way to do this. I like putting photos like this together for family.
    Thanks!

Active Member WorldBuilder is on a distinguished road
    What do you want to know?

Basically, actions are scripts that run a "program" inside PS that execute certain functions. Framing actions do all the work, you just specify a few parameters along the way. Very simple, very neat.

There's lots of them, try a Google search.

Here's one I frequently use:

http://www.photozo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=227#227

HTH,

Chris
    My Site | My Blog
    "The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results"
    --Albert Einstein

Newbie adeleabrahamse is on a distinguished road
    You have provide nice thread about photographs. I am a beginner in photoshop. This is really great information that you share with us. I have also check the expample that you provide in this thread is also very much helpful.

Full Member craig is on a distinguished road
    I know little about photoshop. I think your tips will help me a lot

Newbie micaljack1987 is on a distinguished road
    Web Photo Gallery Adobe Photoshop CS2 characteristics of the components of the abilty to generate galleries that include Macromedia Flash. Photoshop CS2 ships with two gallery templates. Photoshop CS2 and Flash 8 Integration is a series of video tutorials designed to show the most effective methods for importing content created with Adobe Photoshop CS2 into Macromedia Flash Professional 8, while maintaining the original appearance as much as possible.

Newbie wdoutjahx is on a distinguished road

Impressive

some of the photos are HD, they looks like a charm. One more thing The best maple syrup you can find in top health store in Canada Only.

I like photography.

Active Member sorouphom is on a distinguished road

ˇ®Project Runway Recap Season 9, Episode 6 The Art of the Matter

The ??Project Runway?? designers go back-to-school as 11 tween and adolescent painters in the Harlem College of your Arts become their creative consultants.Here??s hoping there??s pizza, donuts and Red Bull within the workroom.And sew it goes:The Challenge: The designers must collaborate on an original painting with their young muses and after that, build an avant-garde design and style according to the teen-spiration. Their designs should push boundaries but not be ??too literal.?? In other words, go weird or go home.The Making-it-Workroom Drama: A few of the designers just don??t understand how to kid around. Viktor Luna ??needs a cocktail?? following painting with a hyper-opinionated, 12-year-old Skye. Laura Kathleen fashions fairly flowers with 11-year-old Kai, the Dali Lama of art, who preaches that ??failure?? is great. Um, Kai clearly hasn??t been critiqued by judge Michael Kors. Meanwhile, Olivier Green glues his pretty chiffon bodice to his model, breaking the ??PR?? guidelines and gets a tongue-lashing demerit (but not detention) from mentor Tim Gunn.The Runway Show: Is definitely an Expressionistic mess and we??re avant carried out with it. The catwalk features negative prom dresses, a hooker wolf suit, a dress Gunn dubbed ??Take Me to Geronimo?? plus a denim interpretation of FedEx delivery boxes. The Guest Judge: Designer, shoe maven, philanthropist and political activist Kenneth Cole brings his always sturdy billboard viewpoints towards the panel.Who??s In: Color-blind designer Anthony Ryan Auld wows again with an ethereal gown determined by the brushstrokes of his student muse. Heidi Klum is so in enjoy with his frock, Stylelist almost forgot she was desperate to ??auf him last week.Who??s Out: Joshu a Christensen gets mauled by Kors for his ??Victorian cocktail dress in Las Vegas?? wolf-inspired dress and is sent house --again. Stylelist understands it was an obvious choice to get rid of Christensen, who already had been eliminated in episode 2 and was offered a second shot on the runway immediately after Cecelia Motwani quit the competitors. Nevertheless, we were gunning for Green??s glued-on valium gown to motivate the judges to bid him adieu. Photo courtesy of Lifetime.

Active Member sorouphom is on a distinguished road

ˇ®Project Runway Recap Season 9, Episode 6 The Art of the Matter

The ??Project Runway?? designers go back-to-school as 11 tween and adolescent painters in the Harlem School of the Arts grow to be their inventive consultants.Here??s hoping there??s pizza, donuts and Red Bull within the workroom.And sew it goes:The Challenge: The designers need to collaborate on an original painting with their young muses after which, produce an avant-garde design based on the teen-spiration. Their designs need to push boundaries but not be ??too literal.?? In other words, go weird or go property.The Making-it-Workroom Drama: A few of the designers just don??t know how to kid around. Viktor Luna ??needs a cocktail?? right after painting with a hyper-opinionated, 12-year-old Skye. Laura Kathleen fashions quite flowers with 11-year-old Kai, the Dali Lama of art, who preaches that ??failure?? is excellent. Um, Kai clearly hasn??t been critiqued by judge Michael Kors. Meanwhile, Olivier Green glues his fairly chiffon bodice to his model, breaking the ??PR?? guidelines and gets a tongue-lashing demerit (but not detention) from mentor Tim Gunn.The Runway Show: Is definitely an Expressionistic mess and we??re avant completed with it. The catwalk capabilities poor prom dresses, a hooker wolf suit, a dress Gunn dubbed ??Take Me to Geronimo?? as well as a denim interpretation of FedEx delivery boxes. The Guest Judge: Designer, shoe maven, philanthropist and political activist Kenneth Cole brings his usually sturdy billboard viewpoints towards the panel.Who??s In: Color-blind designer Anthony Ryan Auld wows once more with an ethereal gown determined by the brushstrokes of his student muse. Heidi Klum is so in really like with his frock, Stylelist just about forgot she was desperate to ??auf him final week.Who??s Out: Joshu a Christensen gets mauled by Kors for his ??Victorian cocktail dress in Las Vegas?? wolf-inspired dress and is sent dwelling --again. Stylelist understands it was an clear decision to eliminate Christensen, who already had been eliminated in episode 2 and was provided a second shot on the runway soon after Cecelia Motwani quit the competitors. Nevertheless, we have been gunning for Green??s glued-on valium gown to motivate the judges to bid him adieu. Photo courtesy of Lifetime.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information