+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RemNetworks.com

Active Member bluzman32 is on a distinguished road

RemNetworks.com

Can you guys comment on my design... RemNetworks.com

thanks

Active Member WorldBuilder is on a distinguished road
    It's a pretty good design.

On my monitor, however (and it might just be my display, but I doubt it), there is virtually no color. Even on the "powqered by" logos, there is no color.

Also, the site is static HTML, and I would suggest that if it is to be an effective e-commerce site (which it obviously will need to be), the whole thing will need to be re-written in a dynamic language (like php).

What I mean is that by going to an odering page and getting nothing more than a message to call sales is not a good thing.

Just MHO.

Chris

Nice tips, I'll look into seeing those getting fixed.

Full Member tylercruz is on a distinguished road
    Hi bluzman,

I'll start with just a few suggestions, and if they are ever resolved, I can follow up with more. Also, please don't be offended by anything I say - suggestions can only help you!

1. You seem to not be a fan of anti-aliasing; the majority of your fonts/text images are 'pixelized', or not anti-aliased. This was, believe it or not, the first thing I noticed about your site.

2. Aside from the photo, your site is completely grayscale, with not even a wide varience in spectrum of gray. I highly suggest coming up with a color scheme that you will use throughout your site; gray is quite depressing!

3. I'm not sure if you've noticed this, but you have a lot of 'stray' image mistakes throughout your site, most of them being 'stray' dots. One example of them is to the left of your Rem Networks logo up top. You may believe that nobody notices these things, but they totally jump out at some people like me.

4. In the center of your page, under the text "Making hosting easy one domain at a time", you have a strange image that looks like it was half 'erased'. To me it looks like a mistake, but maybe it isn't.. nevertheless, you should rethink how you use that..

Cheers,

No offense taken. I am about the worst person I know in Photoshop. I really need a designer, and with these comments, I'll raise the urgency for one. If any one of you guys would like to exchange work on a design for webhosting, please get in contact with me.

Thanks
    Wes

Full Member tylercruz is on a distinguished road
    Hi bluzman32,

That's a great attitude. If I may suggest one more thing if you do decide to go with a designer - please don't get another site that looks like it was from templatemonster.com. Be original. A great example of a design for a web hosting company is http://www.addr.com!

Cheers,

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information