+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Code Hacking Habits?

Full Member amish_geek is on a distinguished road

Code Hacking Habits?

I don't know about most people, but I have some terrible hacking habits when I hack code.

First off, when I start, I usually need to get some music going that gets me into the groove... So I generally have some House, or Trance going on as background noise. It also gets the blood flowing to make me more alert.

Then comes the caffeine injestion. When I was in High School, it was all Mt. Dew, then I came to college and discovered Vivarin (Caffeine Pills) and Bawls

Then comes the all night coding session! I do some of my best coding at hour 31 of no sleep!
    Aaron Abramson
    Hosting Made Easy

Full Member Steveo31 is on a distinguished road
    uhh....hacking? This lingo for something other than the illegal stuff it is commonly known as?

But writing code, ahhh.... I get some music on, usually stuff with a lot of bass, techno or something. Maybe some rock, but not usually. Fruit cocktail is the meal of choice, maybe some water or somethin. Good stuff.

Active Member WorldBuilder is on a distinguished road
    I used to be seriously addicted to "Surge". Remeber that stuff? Holy crap, it was a heart palpitation in a bottle! Bawls is good stuff, too.

I also put on some tunes whenever I'm in front of a computer, period. For some reason, it's NOT distracting, but energizing.

Chris
    My Site | My Blog
    "The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results"
    --Albert Einstein

Moderator airnine is on a distinguished road
    interesting guys... I on the other hand shut my self in a complete silence...

Airnine

P.S.: I get my self some coffee or tea though, I don't mind working all night long, but my girlfriend turns me in for me, so I have limited night shifts
    -------------------------------
    Airnine is a developer @
    www.promomedium.com
    -------------------------------

Full Member Steveo31 is on a distinguished road
    Originally posted by WorldBuilder
    I used to be seriously addicted to "Surge". Remeber that stuff? Holy crap, it was a heart palpitation in a bottle!
    LOL! I only drink crap like that when it's a guys night out.

Full Member Matrix28 is on a distinguished road
    Oh yeah, got to be some house or anything bassy going in the background and I like to drink lucozade.

Full Member Marshall is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Steveo31
    uhh....hacking? This lingo for something other than the illegal stuff it is commonly known as?
    hacking is more finding ways to do things faster and shortcuts and tricks. The illegal stuff is cracking but they just call it hacking cause it sounds better i guess

I normally get some music going, a snack to eat and some caffeine then start coding while talking to friends on AIM

Full Member scannon is on a distinguished road
    I don't usually listen to music because it distracts me. But I always have a nice glass of water nearby. If I'm not drinking water I have a Vanilla Coke nearby! I usually try to alternate between water and pop. Gotta have the caffiene!!

I remember Surge. I usually only touched that stuff when I had an all night gaming session (LAN parties).

Hacking code is about all I can do. I do it well though. During which I usually go straight too, because if ever get up from a session I can never pick it up again exactly where I left off... then I end up starting from scratch with the session the next time.

Music is good sometimes, but drinks are a must. I usually go through a case of soda in just one night all by myself.

Newbie deadbabypizza is on a distinguished road
    Fight Club soundtrack, 10 cup pots of coffee, 2 packs of cigarettes, the subtle glow of my keyboard. Nothing better than staying up all night to work on some project. It's like playing a video game. The longest that I've ever stayed up coding (with classes in between) was 84 hours without sleep, but I became really sick afterwards.

Active Member Revenant is on a distinguished road
    I've lasted 2 days making a downloads script :|. Worth it though, the client I made it for loved it and gotta lil extra for it, bwababababbabababa
    // Rev
    // Ivan Alfaro
    -- Professional Web Developer

Full Member wicked_gal00 is on a distinguished road

Re: Code Hacking Habits?

Originally posted by amish_geek

Then comes the caffeine injestion. When I was in High School, it was all Mt. Dew, then I came to college and discovered Vivarin (Caffeine Pills) and Bawls
    I can see the same thing happening to me. Going to university in the fall and I expect I'll start taking a liking to caffine. As for coding, when I sit down and code a fair bit, definately music is important. Usually rock helps me think/code.
    Cheap Web/Flash Design!
    Portfolio:http://liquifiedblue.com
    AIM: blueshiver001
    Email: alexb86@gmail.com

yep, i got new slipknot cd, kicks butt, definitely motivates me to go ape nuts when im in the zone
    // Rev
    // Ivan Alfaro

Full Member dzone is on a distinguished road
    Hummm... Music definitively distracts me. ABSOLUTE silence so I prefer spending nights on coding stuff... I am also used to turn AIM/ICQ off otherwise my fans (HHJK ) will never let me write a single line of code. Having something to drink/crack is very important too Ice Tea is quite good, but having at least 1/2 kgs of fresh apples is ideal.

ur like a silent, peaceful vegetarian type beethoven...creepy
    // Rev
    // Ivan Alfaro

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information