+ Reply to Thread

Thread: OOP in PHP4 and PHP5

Full Member wiseguy316 is on a distinguished road

OOP in PHP4 and PHP5

Since OOP (Object-Oriented Programming) was completely redone in PHP5, is there an easy way to begin moving from PHP4 to PHP5? I assume PHP5 will still accept and correctly parse code that is written in the style of PHP4, and I also assume the style of PHP5 is neither accepted nor correctly parsed by PHP4. Are these assumptions correct? Also, any tips or suggestions are very welcome. Thanks!

WebmasterLingo greggcz is on a distinguished road greggcz's Avatar
    Since one of my php apps based on classes did not really work in php5, I'm actually working on porting it over. I'll keep you posted about the progress.
    WebmasterLingo - It's all about your website..

Full Member wiseguy316 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by greggcz
    Since one of my php apps based on classes did not really work in php5, I'm actually working on porting it over. I'll keep you posted about the progress.
    So, how's progress and what's the scoop so far?

Full Member PBaxter is on a distinguished road
    PHP 5 is mostly backwards compatible with PHP 4, and only one major change that in PHP4 everything was passed by value (including objects) but in PHP5 objects are passed by reference now.

Full Member mathesjhn is on a distinguished road
    Objects in
    PHP5
    differ a lot from objects in
    PHP4
    OOP
    became matured enough in true sense from
    PHP5

Active Member sorouphom is on a distinguished road

ˇ®Project Runway Recap Season 9, Episode 6 The Art of the Matter

The ??Project Runway?? designers go back-to-school as 11 tween and adolescent painters from the Harlem School of the Arts turn into their creative consultants.Here??s hoping there??s pizza, donuts and Red Bull in the workroom.And sew it goes:The Challenge: The designers ought to collaborate on an original painting with their young muses and after that, create an avant-garde design determined by the teen-spiration. Their styles must push boundaries but not be ??too literal.?? In other words, go weird or go residence.The Making-it-Workroom Drama: A few of the designers just don??t understand how to kid about. Viktor Luna ??needs a cocktail?? just after painting having a hyper-opinionated, 12-year-old Skye. Laura Kathleen fashions quite flowers with 11-year-old Kai, the Dali Lama of art, who preaches that ??failure?? is good. Um, Kai clearly hasn??t been critiqued by judge Michael Kors. Meanwhile, Olivier Green glues his quite chiffon bodice to his model, breaking the ??PR?? guidelines and gets a tongue-lashing demerit (but not detention) from mentor Tim Gunn.The Runway Show: Is definitely an Expressionistic mess and we??re avant carried out with it. The catwalk capabilities terrible prom dresses, a hooker wolf suit, a dress Gunn dubbed ??Take Me to Geronimo?? and also a denim interpretation of FedEx delivery boxes. The Guest Judge: Designer, shoe maven, philanthropist and political activist Kenneth Cole brings his usually strong billboard viewpoints towards the panel.Who??s In: Color-blind designer Anthony Ryan Auld wows once again with an ethereal gown determined by the brushstrokes of his student muse. Heidi Klum is so in adore with his frock, Stylelist practically forgot she was desperate to ??auf him final week.Who??s Out: Joshu a Christensen gets mauled by Kors for his ??Victorian cocktail dress in Las Vegas?? wolf-inspired dress and is sent home --again. Stylelist understands it was an obvious selection to get rid of Christensen, who already had been eliminated in episode 2 and was provided a second shot around the runway after Cecelia Motwani quit the competitors. Nonetheless, we have been gunning for Green??s glued-on valium gown to motivate the judges to bid him adieu. Photo courtesy of Lifetime.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information