+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vbulletin rules?

Active Member bluzman32 is on a distinguished road

Vbulletin rules?

I'm thinking of purchasing a used vbulletin license. I'm just a little bit unclear on the rules that I believe there are for it. First off, how do I find out if a license is legit? What are the rules on how it can be sold to other users, ie do I have to wait an x number of months before reselling it? thanks.

Full Member tylercruz is on a distinguished road
    I believe there's a 6 month (could be wrong at the date range) of ownership of the licence before you can sell it again. And to undergo a vBulletin transaction, both seller and buyer have to communicate through a vBulletin salesperson as a middleman to ensure legitmacy, etc.
    Tyler Cruz
    Merendi Networks
    Merendi.com Movie-Vault.com PokerForums.org

Active Member WorldBuilder is on a distinguished road
    Best people to ask would be the makers of vB, eh?

Chris
    My Site | My Blog
    "The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results"
    --Albert Einstein

WebmasterLingo greggcz is on a distinguished road greggcz's Avatar
    There's a lot of scam going on with buying/selling vbulletin licenses.
    You need to have vbulletin sales involved in this but I myself would rather buy a new leased license ($85/year) and save myself the hassle.
    WebmasterLingo - It's all about your website..

I'm looking into purchasing 2 lifetime licenses from someone for ~$150. Seems like a good deal to me, but I'm not sure if I'll go through with it.

WebmasterLingo greggcz is on a distinguished road greggcz's Avatar
    ask him for his/her contact details that are on file with vbulletin and then email vbulletin sales about and explain that you want to buy those licenses form that person and also ask to initiate the transfer. vbulletin sales then will have to confirm with the seller and once they send him email trying to confirm it you make the payment.This is probably the safest way.
    WebmasterLingo - It's all about your website..

Full Member tylercruz is on a distinguished road
    I just buy my own like greggcz suggested.. not so much for the safety of it as for the convenience. I don't want to go through all the hassle of transferring it - and it's only money anyhow :P
    Tyler Cruz
    Merendi Networks
    Merendi.com Movie-Vault.com PokerForums.org

Thanks guys. Greggcz, I'll do what you said about going through vbulletin sales. Tyler, the leased licenses cost $85 a year, while the lifetime license costs $165 a year from vbulletin.com. I'll be saving $100+, that's what caught my eye.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information