+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big turnoff

Big turnoff

I actually planned on participating in the community until I saw there was a post requirement before an offer could be made in the offer forums. I'm assuming other forums have the same requirement as well, nonetheless, it really turns people away. What a shame...

Web Junky Matt is on a distinguished road
    Hi, and Welcome to WebmasterLingo.com!

Unfortunately, those are the measures we have to take to stop people from joining and just spamming in the Advertising Corner.

With that very reasonable restriction, it benefits everyone, the new members have to contribute and then they will be able to advertise their ventures.

Enjoy your stay!
    WebmasterLingo.com Team
    Forum Rules

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new" - Albert Einstein

Full Member Allin1Joe is on a distinguished road
    I actually enjoy that rule very much. Hopefully, it won't generate a lot of 1 word posts by people trying to run up their post count, but the thought is in the right place.

Yea, I understand the concept however think the post count requirement is a tad high. Not a bad idea, just kind of a turn off. Other than that, very nice community!

Originally posted by stoavio
    Yea, I understand the concept however think the post count requirement is a tad high. Not a bad idea, just kind of a turn off. Other than that, very nice community!
    We appologize for that, It may be a bit high, but it sure is a useful priviledge, by making an offer here, you will get your word out faster because search engines spider our forums daily.

Just something to consider..
    WebmasterLingo.com Team
    Forum Rules

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new" - Albert Einstein

Full Member VorHost is on a distinguished road
    I've been coming here for a few days and thought it was strange there were no posts in the ad section.

I don't think the rule is unreasonable but I sure like looking at the offerings.
    "Targeted Website Traffic"
    Smass ::AIM
    jhncastaway

Newbie Dream is on a distinguished road
    It's kinda silly that I need 10 posts to post a design to get critiqued

Active Member WorldBuilder is on a distinguished road
    Originally posted by Dream
    I'll agree with that one, but I also agree about the post limit before being able to advertise. This and other forums aren't spam boards. On the other hand, I guess that's what mods are for!

Chris
    My Site | My Blog
    "The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results"
    --Albert Einstein

Full Member Interactive is on a distinguished road
    Originally posted by Dream

Even though this is the lounge may I suggest doing what SPF does. That is requiring users to post atleast 3 other reviews in other user's threads. Would take abit of moderating but it would keep that forum very active.
    -Robert Norton
    http://www.HostComb.com - Find The Hosting Provider That Meets Your Needs

Full Member maverik60 is on a distinguished road
    Yea, i found that annoying kind of :\.

Newbie Dream is on a distinguished road
    It gave me a big floppy one

Full Member DKasler is on a distinguished road
    I was turned off by something as well. An admin actually edited my signature and removed a link to a site of mine that had a forum on it.

I was told they dont want tother forums linked on this site... Fine but isnt this a webmaster resource site ? How can you discriminate against a certain type of webmaster / website ?? (unless the site is illegal)

I know the site is privately owned and therefore the owners can do as they wish with it, but come on. I was actually excited about get on here and starting to post, and now im almost comepletly turned off by it.

I may as well stick with Sitepoint they have none of the signature restictions this site does, and they allow the use of Avatars and a few other things disabled her.

Id like to continue posting her but as long as forum owner are discriminated against I feel I'd be wasting my time.

Hi Drew,

After reading your post, I have done some thinking. It appears to me that you are infact correct, and I do realize your viewpoint. My behavior on this matter was very blunt.

Thanks for waking me up and making me realize that this forum is starting out pretty late, while other forums have been online for years and have a bigger user base. This forum's intent is to have a knowledgable and caring webmaster community that will help each other out. By all means, feel free to stay and we will do our best to make this forum a better place

Please accept my appologizes and feel free to revert your signature to the initial state.
    WebmasterLingo.com Team
    Forum Rules

Full Member DKasler is on a distinguished road
    Matt, thank you for your reconsideration on this matter. I think its a big step in the right direction for your sites growth.

-Drew

Full Member amish_geek is on a distinguished road
    This place has potential to be pretty big
    Aaron Abramson
    Hosting Made Easy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information