+ Reply to Thread

Thread: domain propagation

Full Member sofy600 is on a distinguished road

domain propagation

domain propagation

Has anyone noticed that new domain names only take a few hours to be active. ? last year it took 48 hours ..

WebmasterLingo greggcz is on a distinguished road greggcz's Avatar
    Also changing name servers is almost instant with more registrars.
    WebmasterLingo - It's all about your website..

Active Member bluzman32 is on a distinguished road
    Really? May I ask which registrars offer this?

WebmasterLingo greggcz is on a distinguished road greggcz's Avatar
    enom. I have all my domains there and last time I was changing name servers (about 3 weeks ago) it was almost instant (looking at h.gtld-servers.net root server and others too). Within about 15 minutes I've had new visitors hit the website configured through different dns servers.
    I had a good experience with godday too but only once it took them about 10 minutes to make the change on root servers, most other times it was taking forever.
    From what I know opensrs has instant change too.
    WebmasterLingo - It's all about your website..

Active Member WorldBuilder is on a distinguished road
    True,

I've found that many times the propagation is nearly instaneous when you have the domain parked on the registrar's server, and still damn fast even when moving. The web is just getting bigger, better, and faster...

Chris
    My Site | My Blog
    "The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results"
    --Albert Einstein

Newbie jeffsmith is on a distinguished road
    Domain Propagation is the method the Registrar delivery off the changes to your domain to the root of the DNS, Internet service providers to obtain records from the root servers, Internet service providers to Internet service providers other, and so on, until you see the changes reflected on the computer together, side by side with your web Your service provider.

Full Member anirban09P is on a distinguished road
    Domain propagation is the process of your registrar handing off the changes of your domain to root DNS servers, ISPs acquire records from the root servers, ISPs to other ISPs and so on until you see the changes reflect on your computer with your internet service provider. Some service providers update their records more often than others and receive changes faster.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information