+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: C I Host sued by Microsoft

Web Junky Matt is on a distinguished road
    WebmasterLingo.com Team
    Forum Rules

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new" - Albert Einstein

Full Member Allin1Joe is on a distinguished road
    geez, another reason to only offer Linux servers. I'll keep this link on file so everytime someone asks why we don't offer Windows servers, I can point them there

Thanks for the info!

Full Member Peter is on a distinguished road
    lol, way to go Microsoft. This is going to help them in their losing battle to be the number 1 web-server OS. That's why I use Linux!

Full Member Interactive is on a distinguished road
    I'm actually siding with Microsoft on this. C I Host is a bunch of idiots. Course they'll probably sue me now for saying that (or atleast threaten). They're a bit sue happy to say the least so it's nice to see them getting a dose of their own medicine.

Well,

Ive got to side with Interactive and Microsoft (cant believe I just said that), on this one.

Basically, CI Host has been making money off of Microsoft for some time now. Im not sure either way if the Microsoft allegations are true, but everyone that uses their product has to prove their useage to Microsoft as it pertains to their lisenceing agreement.

If CI Host cannot/will not co-operate, there's several conclusions I could draw, but... I'll refrain and instead choose to see how this plays out

Full Member mttatkns is on a distinguished road
    Why pay for something of less quality than something free?

Originally posted by mttatkns
    Why pay for something of less quality than something free?
    We only run linux on our servers, so I am biased towards it...

But, dont think for a minute Windows is an inferior product. Windows is an excellent product, but has received a bad rep because of all the security holes found in it. I think you will see more and more holes exposed in Linux. There already has been a major one, and now that Redhat is charging for linux...

I wasn't referring to Linux as being better than Windows in terms of security holes. If you're looking for security, then nothing beats Open BSD. Plus, there are many more Linux distro's than Redhat, and they now support Fedora...

Full Member amish_geek is on a distinguished road
    Ok, so is CI host using Hacked/Cracked software? Or does microsoft just want them to have a client license for every site/user on the system?
    Aaron Abramson
    Hosting Made Easy

Full Member Syn is on a distinguished road
    Microsoft is sue happy, I guess because everybody is going nuts suing them, they want their turn in the action. o_O
    Personal
    -- Avalonstar: The Moon of Syn

Professional
    Avalonstar-Intivex, [Coming Soon] | Starvex

Originally posted by Syn
    Microsoft is sue happy, I guess because everybody is going nuts suing them, they want their turn in the action. o_O
    Well as I said earlier, in this case I fully support Microsoft and hope that they win. CI Host is truly a bunch of idiots.
    -Robert Norton
    http://www.HostComb.com - Find The Hosting Provider That Meets Your Needs

Full Member whiteknight is on a distinguished road
    I am vehemently against open-source software, although i wish microsoft would do better to make itself the best option.

I mean, as much as I hate linux, if microsoft is just going to be a huge bastard, I am left with no other choice.

Why do you dislike open-source?

Originally posted by whiteknight
    I am vehemently against open-source software, although i wish microsoft would do better to make itself the best option.

I mean, as much as I hate linux, if microsoft is just going to be a huge bastard, I am left with no other choice.
    Wow, someone who hate's OS. You must have set a world for the first to hate linux. Well, I'm sure theres more of you...

Why do you hate os/linux?
    -Robert Norton
    http://www.HostComb.com - Find The Hosting Provider That Meets Your Needs

Active Member WorldBuilder is on a distinguished road
    Whiteknight, we're not attacking you, nor will we, but we would like to know WHY you hate open source! Care to tell us?

Chris
    My Site | My Blog
    "The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results"
    --Albert Einstein

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information