+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Having font problems. Please help.

Newbie LSD is on a distinguished road

Exclamation Having font problems. Please help.

I just started using dreamweaver and the macrmedia developement tools and I am having an issue with the font that I am using on my pages. I'm assuming that it is not in the standard font folder and I tried to add it to the FTP server and it has not made a difference in that when I check the site on a computer that is absent the font it defaults to times new roman. this is not a good thing as that the font size becomes larger and it screws with the overall look of the site. It is happening with my flash movies as well. I know that I'm not restricted to using only default wondows font because I can pull up other sites that are using font that I don't have in my font folder and they appear just fine. PLEASE HELP!

Active Member WorldBuilder is on a distinguished road
    For a font to be displayed correctly on a page, that font MUST be loaded onto the client computer. Having the font on your server makes no difference.

What I would do is have a link from your site to download the TTF you use on your site so people can download and install it, then view your site.

Personally, I hate that idea, though. I don't know what font you're using, but overall my BEST advice would be to use something more common...

Chris
    My Site | My Blog
    "The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results"
    --Albert Einstein

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information