+ Reply to Thread

Thread: to blog or not to blog????

Newbie mustang is on a distinguished road

Smile to blog or not to blog????

greetings , I require some advise and assistance from the good people of this forum , I am in the process of taking over control of a uncompleted website , I know HTML and have some basic javascript under my belt.
    The site involves a blog ( maybe ) for business and associations listings , the new businesses and associations must be sorted and posted by alphabetical order and then by type of business the organizations they fit into by category.
    how do I go about this ?
    is there an easier way ??
    please advise,
    many thanks mustang

Full Member Michael is on a distinguished road
    You could try using a free, open-source blogging software such as WordPress or BBlog, i can only assume that both of the programs allows catergorisation of posted blogs, which i know for certain is enabled in the versions of WordPress and therefore should be, in rival software BBlog.

Use Google to search for their downloads links, or just scroll down:
    http://wordpress.org/download/
    http://www.bblog.com/download.php

Also take a peek at this page which has some reviews on weblog software, hosters and providers. The site is acclaimed so i would take what they wisely.

Full Member orangeacid is on a distinguished road

bBlog

I wouldn't really class bBlog as compition to WordPress as it is based on wordpress.

I've never used WordPress before but I found bBlog very simple to integreate and fairly simple to create templates for - you just need to learn a little php. Not much.

And, yup, it does support categorisation, and is insanely simple to install.

Active Member WorldBuilder is on a distinguished road
    Definitely, absolutely use WP. I love it. You wanna see customization? See sig!

WP is amazingly customizable.

Chris
    My Site | My Blog
    "The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results"
    --Albert Einstein

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information